How to use Agile CRM Documents feature to send attachments
Apr 04, 2017
Estimated Reading Time: 2 mins
I was working with Abhinav of Agile CRM support today, and I thought I would pass this along to you in case you run into the same issue.
1. Upload the document to Agile CRM
To upload the file, go into Documents in the Sales area of Agile and click on Add Document
This is where I ran into trouble today. I had created a report for a prospect, and I wanted to send them the report. I thought I had done it the right way when I was informed that they could not read the PDF. Here's what I learned.
- Your file can be up to 10Mb if you want to send it via email or download it from a form.
- You need to have no spaces in the name of the file.
That detail documentation, by the way, is not what you expect. It sends you to GitHub.
2. Create your email template or direct email
Go into the marketing section of Agile CRM
Click on Email Templates
- Click Add Email Template
I suggest you create a nice looking template for your direct emails. What is a direct email? It is an email that you are going to send directly to someone, it is not going to be sent in a campaign. Emails sent in a campaign are called campaign emails. Both of them can use templates for consistency and automation.
3. Send your direct email
- Click on the search icon in any area of Agile CRM and find your contact
- Click on the Mail tab in your contact
- Click on Send Mail
Once you are in the Send email screen
- Choose the email address you want to send it from.
- Choose your template
- Click on Add Attachment at the bottom and select your file
- Click Add
I hope that helps if you were having any challenges yourself!
Marni shares cool things that will help you build a business that serves your life. She has designed a life where she works 4 days a week for 4 hours a day and can work from home to be with her family. She lives an active life golfing, paddleboarding, snowboarding and yoga as well as weight lifting. She writes for iBusiness magazine.